Monday, March 4, 2013

DietBet...Take 4

My fourth DietBet has started today! Yay!! I'm so excited!  I have done 3 of these in the past and I lost every.single.one.  Bummer.  This time I am out for revenge.  I WILL WIN! Yeah buddy.

What is a DietBet?  It is the super awesome (and cute) website where you bet against yourself that you can lose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks.  You play with friends and other people and if you meet your goal and others do not, then you can take their money.  It's pretty legit. They also send you encouraging emails and tips every day/week.  I love how this website is set up!  It also has an awesome phone ap that makes life easier. (I swear I am not a DietBet spokesperson...just such an awesome concept!)  I am super pumped to work my ass off and win some money!  Even though everyone knows they aren't really playing to win the money....just wunna lose the weight!

I needed this DietBet!  I need the motivation to get super strict with my eating and workouts.  I have been doing pretty good with my gym sessions but obviously my food is terrible because I have gained weight back. UGH.  I weighed in yesterday afternoon and the results almost made me cry.  I weighed 280lbs.  Damnit.  I left my scale at work so I had to go to a friends house to weigh in. I am anxious to use my original scale when I go to weigh in next week because I am sure there will be a difference between scales!  I have to lose 11.2lbs in 4 weeks.  Good lorrrrrrrrrrrd!! I can do it though, I know I can!  I need this jump start so bad!

Last night to prepare for the week I cooked up 6 chicken breasts.  This will help me stay on track each night, especially after the gym when I need to eat dinner at 7:30-8pm.  I can just grab one and heat it up.  Everyone on IG and Twitter always food preps and it seems to be so successful. I should really do it more.

My plan of attack for this DietBet is to take it week by week.  I need to look at weekly goals and not pay attention to the whole 11lbs thing.  That's daunting and scares me.  So for this week I am really going to focus on my eating habits.  I need to eat healthy both for lunch and dinner (breakfast is always healthy for me).  I need to really focus on what I am eating...going to the gym is easy for me because I enjoy it.  Although for this week I am going to try to step it up a bit and go harder.  Push myself.

I do have a few obstacles this month and I hope I can stay on track with my goals.  St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays and I will be going out and partying. I love green beer haha. I am limiting myself to ONE day of heavy drinking to celebrate.  ONE DAY.  That's it.  I know it will be a hot mess but hopefully I can plan for that and minimize the damage.

I am doing this DietBet with one of my best friends and that also makes it so much easier!  We talk everyday and motivate eachother to win this thing.  We check in to see what we ate that day and make eachother go to the gym.  It makes it easier having someone to talk about it with!  AND WE ARE GOING TO WIN!

I did go to the gym 3 times last week...ugh short one day for my weekly goal of course.  I won't bother uploading the workout pics because it seems to be overplayed.  I did do zumba monday and wednesday which is my fav.  I am all set for zumba tonight!  Ready to get this DietBet STARTED! :) Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment