Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday: End the Week Strong, Start the Weekend Stronger

Happy Friday!!!! I love Fridays! :)

So the title of this post is exactly how I feel today!  I had a GREAT week and I am ready to carry that over into the weekend!  So far I have accomplished all of my weekly workout goals that I set for myself (so far...)!

Monday- Zumba
Tuesday- Body pulse and abs class
Wednesday- Zumba & Kickboxing
Thursday- Wild card (maybe Cardio Dance class)
Friday- Personal training session
Saturday- Morning gym session (or beach walk)

Today I will have my personal training session and I think I will even stay for zumba afterwards!  Nothing sets you up for a weekend on track like a great Friday workout to end a great workout week! I may not be able to make it to the gym on Saturday morning because I plan on going to the beach!  I will try to get in a workout at the beach tho...like a walk along the ocean or something like that!  That will be the plan! 

Yesterday I posted a progress picture to help me stay motivated.  Sometimes it's hard to see changes if you are plateauing or maintaining for a long time.  For me, I have been yo-yoing around 265-275lbs for what seems like a YEAR!  So frustrating.  Of course I have had injuries that have set me back but I should be moving past them.  Even though I have been jumping around in that range, I feel like I have been losing inches (my clothes are bigger and I fit into smaller sizes. Also...baby muscles :) yay).  Inches are always harder to track so posting progress pictures can help.  My biggest regret is not taking MORE pics when I started at 315lbs.  The one in the red shirt is pretty much one of the only ones I can find at my heaviest!  Bummer.  I started to take a lot of pics AFTER I had already lost 40-50lbs! So not a big comparison.  Anyways...here it is.

315lbs vs 269lbs
Yikes
I know I still have a long way to go but looking at pictures like this makes me realize how far I have come and how this weightloss journey IS possible.  I have NEVER lasted this long!  2 and 1/2 years without giving up!! Because of this I KNOW that I changed my lifestyle forever and I will NEVER go back!!! That in itself is a WIN. Damn...that makes me smile :D

Ok so onto my workout from last night! 

I went to a new class called House Party Ftiness which is like hip hop zumba.  It was a lot of fun and I loved trying something new and different.  I can get down with the hip hop so my ghetto side loved it! So much booty shaking and twerking (ha!)...loooooved it.  It was a great burn too!  Resistance bands were even used, I love that!  Sometimes it was hard to follow all of the moves because it was very fast paced and the moves were all different.  I am used to zumba where you usually have the same movement for 6-12 counts where this was more like 2 counts then a new move.  It was harder to follow along but once I go to a few classes I'm sure it will be easier.  The class was a little over an hour and I burned over 650 calories! It was a great sweat sesh!


House Party Fitness
Great heart rate and calorie burn!
Look at that sweat! :D
I am very happy with the way my week went and I have even lost a few pounds this week! YES! I am hoping to be below 265 in the next two weeks and I will feel pretty good because that will be breaking out of my plateau! So here's hoping...fingers crossed! 

12 comments:

  1. Great job on sticking to your goals! I obsess over before and after pictures, I love looking at them! They are so inspiring! You're doing awesome! Personally, I think inches lost is so much more rewarding than pounds lost. Muscles baby, muscles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!!! Before and after photos are so motivating and keep me going! :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful update photo! You are making incredible progress...Congratulations for making a permanent change! I am so impressed with all of your exercise...I'm quite sure you could kick my ass :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Thank you!!!! It has been a lot of work but it's been fun and worth it!!!! I just need to keep on going! :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hooray for a good week!! You have made a ton of progress!!! Your current pics are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was a great week! Looking forward to another one! :)

      Delete
  4. Way to go!! Great update photo- such awesome progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! you look like half the person you were at your heaviest! thanks for the upbeat posts, such a motivation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!!! :) The only way to keep going is to stay positive!

      Delete
  6. I love your current updated photo! Congratulations on all your success. You are kicking ass with all the workouts.

    Have a fantastic Sunday and happy early July!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!! That is 2.5 years of hard work!! Hoping to continue! :) thank you!!!!!

      Delete