Friday, May 16, 2014

The BEST Workout...and an OOTD

To cancel out my last post, today I am going to blog about something AMAZINGLY positive! (Yeah I know...what is going on)

Yesterday was Thursday which means it was kickboxing night.  I haven't been to the gym in 2 WEEKS! Yiiiiikes.  I kinda knew last night would be brutal due to that fact but to my surprise...it wasn't at all.  I mean...it waaaas brutal because it was a crazy workout but I kicked some major ass and def killed someone (in my head with my kickboxing punches, I'm no Dexter).

My heart rate never went below 150 and peaked at 179.  At the most I usually burn 550 calories in an hour class but last night I reached over 600!!  Holy shiiiiit!! I was drenched in sweat and I loved every minute of it.  I have to say that my determination last night to kick some major ass came from a bad day at work.  No better way to make yourself feel better than an amazing sweat sesh...am I right?

Kickboxing.
Killed it.

So that was my workout...now on to my OOTD.

It's a shame that it's so much harder for bigger girls to keep up with fashion trends.  People could argue this with me all day...but it really is!  We are soooo limited in where we can shop and what looks good on our bodies.  Not every new trend looks good on a 280lb body frame!

It is extremely important to me to break all big girl stereotypes when it comes to fashion. I try my best to always look put together and not conform to the stereotypes of looking messy. I hunt for cute clothes for my body shape.  I know what styles and cuts look best on me and I stick to those.  There are way too many larger girls who dress poorly for their bodies just so that they can keep up with trends. I give you props for being confident enough to wear whatever you want but always remember...

Dress for the body you have, not the body you want.

Nautical!
Skirt: GAP
Striped shirt: H&M
Cardigan: GAP
Headband: KJP
Necklace: Old Navy 

Almost my whole wardrobe comes from Old Navy! I am such a huge fan of the ON!!! They have cute clothes in a lot of sizes at reasonable prices. I also find a lot clothes at GAP and a lot of dresses from Eshakti. The shapes and styles that look best on my body are a-line dresses, belted shift dresses, high waisted skirts, skinny jeans and cropped pants.  Those are my go to looks.

I hope to post more ootds and if you have any suggestions, style tips, favorite stores or questions, please let me know!

7 comments:

  1. Good on you for your awesome workout! Cute outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That outfit is so cute! And well done on the kickboxing, an hour work-out, wow. I felt pretty good about my work-out this morning, but that was only twenty minutes, haha ;). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 20 minutes is a great workout too! Better than nothing!

      Delete
  3. Love your OOTD, AND your workout tee! Sounds like you smashed it at kickboxing.

    Your outfit looks fantastic. That cardi is a great colour on you. Nautical is always a winner. Totally agree that it's harder for bigger girls to look fashionable. I don't know why clothing designers assume that all larger women want to wear stretchy (or worse, shapeless) assymetrical clothes in weird prints...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      I know! What the hell! I hate almost all the plus size clothes in department stores! They will have realllly cute things up to a 16 or 18...why can't you just go a little bigger?! Come on man!!! :)

      Delete
  4. Your workout tee and OOTD are super awesome and hopefully I'm impressed and that's why willing to get more post from you. Thanks

    ReplyDelete