Friday, April 3, 2015

Back in the North!

My little mini vacation to the South is over!  I came back on Tuesday the 31st and it's so good to be home!  Don't get me wrong, I had a great time! But...I am NOT a Southern girl...at all.

We flew in to Jacksonville, FL and stayed there a few days and then went to the middle of nowhere in Georgia...also known as Valdosta, GA.  Yes, the same town the new VH1 show "Hot GRITS" is filmed, oh boy! (Disclaimer: I am in no way hinting that you should watch that show, it is a bit of a train wreck and will piss you off if you live in the South.)

The purpose of the trip was to meet my boyfriends family for the first time (it's been over a year, it was time).  He was in the Air Force and was stationed in New Jersey, that's how we met.  He's originally from Jacksonville and his family now lives in Valdosta, so that's why we went to both places.

We went to the beach in Jacksonville and of course it was chilly, cloudy and rainy.  However, it was the beach and it was beautiful and we were happy to be there.

Jacksonville Beach
Cloudy and Beautiful

My Love

The one thing about the south is they like to eat...really good and really bad for you food.  I ate so much yummy food that was just bad bad bad.  I enjoyed it though!  Fresh sweet tea at every meal and the best desserts!! Mmm banana pudding and peach cobbler.  Drool.  Needless to say, I probably gained a few pounds...whatever.

I'm Sorry

Sike, I'm def NOT sorry!
Hot and Readys...I die

The BEST Peach Cobbler mmm

So all in all I had a great relaxing week in the South.  I love my boyfriends family and I hope to be a part of it one day!  It was great to see where he came from and I loved that he got to see his family!  I hope we can go back soon and they will come visit us so we can show them NYC!

The small city of Jacksonville!

Love

2 comments:

  1. Nice Post. It is very Informative Post. I like Your Post. Thanks for Sharing this Informative Post with Us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy, I couldn't do the south long-term, either. Pretty beach pics though.

    ReplyDelete