Tuesday, August 2, 2016

I Miss You.

I miss this blog.  I miss it alot.  It used to be the best outlet for me during my weightloss journey journeys.  This blog turned 5 years old in January....and guess what?!?!

I'm still fat.

Yup, another failed attempt.  I gave it my all and was able to lose about 50lbs in 2011-2013.  I had back surgery which derailed my journey big time.  I also got a new job which totally changed my schedule and made it almost impossible to get to a gym on weekdays. I gained those 50lbs back and even an extra 20lbs, just for good measure!  Now I sit here at 331lbs  324.7lbs (I lost a few), my biggest yet.  Yay!! Go me!

...




What happened, you may ask....life happened.  I was living a very unrealistic lifestyle that made me so successful.  I was working out 5-6x a week for 2+ hours, eating the same food everyday and avoiding social functions.  The easiest way for me to explain "what happened" is to compare my journey to the shitshow known as The Biggest Loser.  I was in an environment that was controlled and made it easier for me to be successful. It wasn't realistic and as soon as my environment was altered and changed, I gained my weight back. I'm sure this story sounds all too familiar...it's pretty common.

I decided to make another change that I have been working on since May.  I will update soon with what that change is!  Until then....salads for days.


7 comments:

  1. Well I for one am glad you are back writing. I'm right there with you. I've gained and lost and gained and lost and am currently hovering around the same stupid number I was in January when I decided I could do this again! UGH!! But I'm still here! And so are you! We can do this! I hope! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We CAN do this!!! Again and again and again until it works! :)

      Delete
  2. I was so excited to see your new post in my email yesterday. I have been restarting my own journey over and over again as well. If you ever need someone to just talk to about it, a friend from Texas that is trying to do the same thing feel free to chat me up. I am a sucker for snapchat. I would love to have another person supporting me and me supporting them. My snapchat is swiitipi. I would love to hear from you. I'm thinking of trying a juice fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :) Are you on instagram? I am very active on that! Let me know, I am down for some mutual support! :)

      Delete
  3. Are you going to be back? I have missed you!
    There is nothing wrong with your journey - I've been there, for one, and two, oh man, I'm just not going to start. But hugs. I know what you're going through. It sucks. I hope you are coming back to blog because I do miss your blog, and taking it slow learning different methods is what life and all that is what it's about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be coming back!!! I somewhat lost the desire to blog, instagram is so much easier!! We will see! :)

      Delete
  4. Dearest Julie, we are in the same situation but don't you ever give up. I know it can be hard but once there is life, we can do anything.

    ReplyDelete