Friday, March 22, 2013

Weigh In and A Great Week!

Today is Friday so it is weigh in day!! I am happy to report that I lost 1.4lbs last week bringing my total to around 45lbs. This is great! I am inching my way back to where I need to be!  I couldn't be happier!  This loss means that I am only 1lb away from winning my first DietBet!! YAY! I can do this!!! I have a little over a week!


This was a great week and it all started with St. Patricks Day celebrations last Saturday.  I knew it would be a day full of drinking and poor food choices as well as poor life decisions.  I was right.  Of course I was right...it was St. Paddy's day and it's my favorite day drinking holiday!  No shame.  I'm a single 28 year old with no responsibilities yet, I'm allowed to go out and have fun without judgement! :)  I suppose...

It was a GREAT day!
Filled with beer, Jameson and Irish Car bombs!
Woof...
I made myself promise that if I had one reallllly bad day that I would get back on track the next day and do awesome the rest of the week. I am happy to report that I kept that promise to myself!  The very next day I was up early and got a long walk in!

I love seeing flowers popping up!
It means SPRING is almost here!!
The whole week I was on track with my eating.  I ate on point and made sure I made it to all my workouts.

Monday Night Zumba.
SO MAD! The instructor was late so we got jipped 10 mins!
I could have burned more calories. Booo
Probably should have went on the treadmill or something...

Usually my rest days are Tuesdays.  Rest days are important for me since I had back surgery.  Anything that involves bouncing or jumping really hurts my back. Ex: Zumba & running.  So breaking up my workouts and making sure I don't do more than 2-3 days in a row is important!  However....there is one problem.  Tuesday was a rainy and gross day but then after work it turned out to be BEAUTIFUL and I could not just sit inside and take a rest day!! Esp after the train wreck on St Paddy's day!  So I decided to head out for a walk.  I ended up running a bit and that was probably dumb...but you know me...I did it anyways.

Tuesday's workout.
I did cut it short to only 3 miles.
Of course since I worked out Sunday, Monday and Tuesday my back was really sore.  But I CAN NOT and WILL NOT miss Wednesdays zumba class. It is by far my favorite workout day and my favorite class EVER!! I am obsessed with the instructor and it is soooo much fun!!  Think of zumba, hip hop and a skanky/slutty dance class combined. YUP.  LOVE it.
Zumba Wednesday! <3

After zumba on Wednesday my back hurt.so.bad.  Like really bad.  I really needed to rest it Thursday.  I did take a rest day yesterday and it helped a little.  My back still def hurts and I am debating going to the gym tongiht.  I might take another rest day and go tomorrow.  I did workout 4 times so far this week which is my goal and I know I am going to go tomorrow making it 5 days this week!  Maybe tonight I will just sit still.

Reached my 4x/week goal every week in March
Except the first week...idk what happened there!

My goals for this week is to finish strong and WIN this DietBet!  I am only 1lb away and I KNOW I can do it!  I just have to stay on track with my food and keep hitting the gym.  My workouts usually range from 450-700 calories but I think that is not enough for the results I want.  I need to step it up somehow.  Maybe doing longer cardio sessions?  Or maybe start calculating my weight lifting sessions? I usually don't keep track of those calories but maybe I should.  I don't know.  I really want to step it up.  Esp now that I am on a roll with my weightloss. I love it! Exactly the motivation I needed!

I hope everyone had a great week! And I'm sorry I had to change my comments process but I was getting like 30 spam comments a day!! Ugh so obnoxious! :)



5 comments:

  1. That sucks that your spin teacher was late. LAME! I know how you feel about not wanting to miss out on a sunny day. Last week I had to push myself to run in the rain, and this week, I have been trying to take advantage of all the sunny days, even though I should probably be working on school work. But you just never know when the rain is going to come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! That is so awesome... I really mean it because it shows you that you can enjoy your life and indulge for a day and still get right back at it and still lose weight... That is the BEST motivation. It shows you that you don't have to give up the things you love permanently!

    1 pound away from your dietbet is SOOO doable and you are going to accomplish it next week, no problems!

    And yes a 28 year old single girl has EVERY right to go out and indulge. How fun!!! Looks like you had a blast. That's what keeps you going on this journey.

    Love your commitment to the gym too, you are definately on a roll now. It's so much fun to start to see the results which makes you push harder which gives better results! Love it! I'm so excited to watch or read about your journey... I knwo you got this from here on out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What app do you use to track your time/mileage while walking/running?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called Map My Run. You can also use Runkeeper. Both are awesome!!! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm loving your blog!! It's really great to know that I'm not going through this journey alone!!!

    The Making Of A Skinny Chick - Dating & Dieting Blog

    ReplyDelete