Monday, April 1, 2013

Weigh In and DietBet!

So first thing's first....let's start out with some great news and a weigh in!  I weighed in today at 268.2lbs which was a 1.8lb loss for a total of 47lbs!


YES! 2 things: I am FINALLY back in the 260's AND I WON MY DIETBET!!! Finally!!!!  After 3 failed attempts, I finally met my 4% goal on the 4th try! YAY!  It was a great experience as always.  DietBet is awesome and it really does give you the motivation to lose weight.  I love it.  It jump started my weightloss and I was able to lose 11+lbs in just 4 weeks!!! I ate better and worked out harder. Now...I just need to keep this going!  I need to see that 50lbs lost goal again.  I NEED to get back to where I was! I have to do this!!!  I am just as motivated as ever.  I will keep going!

It's been over a week since I had a blog update so lets recap the last week or so.  How exciting...haha. :)

Last Friday I had a little date night with one of my bffs.  Friday was my cheat meal day (yes, just meal, not day) and I had pizza for lunch.  Then my friend wanted to hang out so obvi I said yes.  We went to dinner and I made a dumb choice of eating buffalo wings and a salad. HAHAHA wings and a salad....funny.  I guess it's better than wings and a burger? Def. Anyways, after dinner we went and got fro yo.  I love those fro yo places where you make your own with toppings.  I obviously didn't put fruit on mine so it wasn't a very good choice.  So basically my cheat meal day turned into a cheat day and I was pretty mad at myself.  I decided as punishment I was going to the gym the next day and I WAS NOT allowed to leave until my heart rate monitor said I burned 1,000 calories. I don't always trust the machine calorie burned stats, so I had to reach 1,000 on my HRM.

BOOM! Done and done.
I was there for 2 hours!  1hr on treadmill and 1 hr on elliptical.
HRM says 1,017 and machines said 1,251.
It's funny because I see people on IG posting their workouts and they always burn 1,000 calories in like an hour or so.  It takes me so much longer and I am def putting work in. I come out sweaty as hell and my heart rate is always high.  So I have no idea why it's so much harder for me...but everyone is different.  You shouldn't compare yourself with others.

So my workout Saturday was bomb.  I felt awesome.  But I'm not going to lie...my whole body hurt.  I still made it to the gym on Sunday.

Sunday Workout.
GIRLS got me through my cardio!
1hr on 2 different elliptical machines.
Side note:  I HATE when you are working out and your machine stops because you hit the wrong button by accident.  I get so mad. That happened to me on Sunday when I was halfway through my hour workout! I stopped and switched machines.  It was a good workout though!!

Because of Passover I had to skip zumba on Monday   I didn't end up working out again until skank zumba on Wednesday. Love the zumba instructor on Wednesdays...she makes you feel like an amazingly sexy woman!! YEAH BUDDY!

Wednesday Zumba!
AKA the BEST ZUMBA!!

Friday workout!
I was off for Good Friday so I put in some work at the gym!
YEAH BUDDY!
It was a great week food wise and workout wise. Once I got the bad food out of my system from that Friday night, I was able to eat well the rest of the week!  Including Passover dinner!  Lot's of veggies and healthy options for me!  I haven't been to the gym since Friday but I was able to eat healthy all weekend (besides a few pieces of pizza on Saturday) and  I AM going to the gym tonight!  My DietBet is over but that does not mean my motivation went away! I am still as motivated as ever!


I've only worn my skinny jeans a few times this winter.  I was still unsure of them.
I wore them out last Friday and I really loved the way they looked on me!
They are somewhat flattering, which I wasn't expecting.


I am really excited with my progress from the month of April.  I hope to keep it up!! I want to do another DietBet in May!  Keep me posted people! I want to join one! :)

3 comments:

  1. Dang, I just realized that I forgot to comment on this, I thought I did, but clearly in all of my being busy I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS on winnning your dietbet. You are doing so amazing right now and I am completely enjoying reading about your journey here... I look forward to your updates, but you don't update as much as i'd like to read :) HA... Anyway, you are doing awesome and you are definately going to keep seeing great results with your awesome attitude.

    BTW, I love the skinny jeans, they look great!!!!

    ReplyDelete