Friday, May 24, 2013

Beast Mode Status...YEAH!

This week has been awesome AMAZING!

Yeah buddy.

I have turned up the heat baby!  I am working out so hard and eating right!! And finally I am seeing some results!! I feel stronger and my weight is slowly dropping everyday.  I will do an official weigh in sometime next week. Let me break down how amazing my week has been...

Monday zumba and C25K
Monday night I always do a zumba class.  It is the class NOT taught by my awesome trainer so it's not that great of a class.  Lower energy and I just never burn as many calories.  The instructor always has excuses as to why she can't teach a whole class and it's so annoying.  This past Monday was the worst class ever.  She was late and then had someone in the class teach half the class while she just sat in the corner. Um what?! So long story short it was an awful hour long workout and a complete waste of time.  361 calories in 50 minutes with an average heart rate of 128?! Gross. To make up the calories I usually burn I had to do an extra 30 minute workout on the treadmill.  I did a C25K workout and burned an extra 250 calories.  I was happy with that!

Tuesday night was a much better workout!  On Tuesdays I take my trainers body pulse and ab class.  It is a really hard class for me but I try my best to keep up.  There are some exercises that I can't really do that well so I just improvise.  I love this class because it's a challenge for me.  I really HATE it when I can't do something.  I hate it so much.  It's so frustrating to know that my mind is 100% ready, but my body just can't keep up.  That is an awful feeling and it makes me work harder so that one day I will be able to do everything.  Even with only being able to do 2/3 of the class...it is still a kick ass workout.  I walk out of there in pain and can barely walk the next day! 200 lunges?  OK! Bring it! I love that sore feeling...it's a great and welcomed pain!

Tuesday night workout!
Feeling STRONG
Wednesday night Zumba and Kickboxing!
Wednesdays are my FAVORITE workout days!  I love them because I get an amazing workout in while having fun at my favorite zumba class taught by my most amazing personal trainer Trish! I love it! She is so full of energy and makes the class fun and even sexy! Love love love it! I have made a few friends by going to the gym and a few girls were trying to convince me to do double classes on Wednesday.  Apparently there is a kickboxing class that is right after zumba.  It is taught by another pretty cool, read: insane, trainer.  I always wanted to give the double class a try so this Wednesday I did.  WOW. What a crazy 2 hours.  Not only did I get an amazing workout from zumba (as always) but staying for kickboxing was an awesome idea.  I got my ass kicked!  It was a lot of fun but it was challenging!  I have never done a kickboxing class so it was pretty cool to do the punches and use the gloves and the bag.  Really fun!  It makes me want to go out and get some pink gloves :).  I ended up kicking ass and burning 1,000 calories!  For me...that is an amazing workout!  I was happy and soooooo sore the next day! But you know me...I love that sore!

Thursday nights are usually my free nights where I don't have any fitness classes and can do whatever I want for a workout.  I usually go to the gym and run but this Thursday I had to have my personal training session. We planned on meeting at 6:50pm at the park.  I get done work at 5:30 so I had time to kill so I stopped at a grocery store to pick up a pre-workout snack.  This is what I ended up getting: large bottle of water, a banana and a kind bar.  I have heard great things about the kind bars so I decided to try one. SO GOOD.  I got an almond apricot one and it was delicious! So yummy.  What kind of snacks do you have before working out?  I knew it was going to be a long time before I could get home to make dinner so I needed to grab something.  I wasn't sure what to grab so I hope I made the right choice.  My trainer thought I should have had a gatorade or protein shake so maybe I will try that next time. I am glad I grabbed something because this ended up being a looooong night.

I got to the park around 6:15 and decided to do a little warmup while I was waiting. I walked around the park and even jogged a little.  I am not supposed to run outside because of my back so the jogging was really only .25/mile increments.  Not bad tho.  So I got down my warmup and did about 2 miles.  My trainer came and then started the torture that I love so much!  We used the playground as our equipment.  What the.  Something so innocent and fun looking was turned into my torture device haha!!  I used the swings for pushups and jumps.  Used the monkey bars and steps for dips and jump ups.  How fun! It was tough but loved it when I was done.  We then did suicides on the basketball court, lunges on stairs, resistance bands, used a kettle bell, ran stairs and ended with some glorious planks.  Yikes. When we were done Trish goes "I'm teaching zumba at 8pm...come"  ummmmm what?! That was in like 10 minutes.  I was already dead tired buttttt I went anyways because I am obsessed with her and will do anything she tells me to do! HA! Oops.  So after our training session at the park I go do an hour of zumba.  Crazy girl.
Oh my. 1,122 calories.
Walking/running/training session/zumba
6:15pm-9pm
I was dead
I was SO tired when I got home!  But I am so glad I did it!  I have changed my mental attitude SO much! I crave these kind of workouts and now I'm obsessed with them!  I plan on doing double classes every Wednesday and want to work this hard every workout.  It has been such an awesome week of workouts!  I have challenged myself and have done very well.  I love it!

Now for some exciting non workout things! :)

My food has been on point all week!  I always eat my avocado, tomato, red onion and chicken combo so I decided to mix it up one night this week with another favorite clean meal!  I made my yummy bruschetta chicken!  It's so easy to make and I think it's considered a clean meal!
Bruschetta Chicken
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar
Chopped up tomato
Chopped up red onion or garlic (let this sit in the oil + vinegar for a bit)
Fresh basil
Salt and pepper optional

I then put that glorious mixture on top of some grilled chicken.  It's so good! Sometimes I use some naan to eat the bruschetta with too.  It's also a great and healthy option to bring to parties if you have to bring something.  I have brought it before and people love it! So simple and so yummy!

My next exciting thing (sorry this post is turning out to be SO long!!) is that I got some new kicks!  I have had my Nikes since the beginning of my journey 2 years ago!  They are starting to wear out and I need better shoes since I had hurt my foot.  I hear some many awesome things about asics so I decided to get some!  I got 2 pairs!  One super cute pair and one crazy bright pair!
Pink, black and gray <3
Yellow is my favorite color!
I am really excited to try them on and start working out in them! YAY!

Like I said before...this has been an awesome week!  Don't you agree?! My weekend will be low key!  I have a date tonight (eek!) and then the rest of the weekend will be chill and going to the gym!  I may meet up with some friends at the beach but NO DRINKING!  This will be a healthy weekend for me! :)  I am looking forward to a great weekend and another great week! Let's do this!

11 comments:

  1. You KILLED your workouts this week! That's awesome! Love the kicks, makes me want a pair of bright ones too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! I love the bright sneaks!!! :) so awesome!

      Delete
  2. You did AWESOME this week! That chicken just seriously made my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks love! It was so good! I just grilled up some last night for the week! It's gunna be a yummy week haha! :)

      Delete
  3. Just had to comment on such a great blog! So glad I came across it in the list of top bloggers for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! That is so sweet of you! I was honored to be a part of that list! :)

      Delete
  4. Julie!!! I love reading about your progress. I will have to try the recipe for the bruschetta chicken. It looks so delicious. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I am so proud! Keep up the great work! You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete