Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Nothing Fits...

I had a strong realization this morning paired up with a long session of pouting.  It seems like that is my favorite activity lately...

I was standing in the middle of my closet in a super cute black peplum shirt realizing that it was less peplum like since the last time I had it on.  I shrugged my shoulders and searched for the pair of pants I wanted to wear with it.  Realizing that they were a size 18, I tried them anyways. Anddddd they didn't fit.  Too small.  Just like everything else.

Since my thought out outfit wasn't going to work, I quickly changed gears and picked out my normal go to outfit these days: tights and a dress.  Tights stretch and dresses fit.  Depressing.  It's always so awkward when someone asks me why I'm so dressed up on casual days. I usually spit out some excuse that I just love dressing up....which is half true.  The other half is simply because nothing fits.

The real kicker is that I participated in the weight loss tradition of purging all of my "big" clothes so that I don't ever look back.  So when I lost my 50lbs I threw out alot.  All of my size 24s, 22s and a lot of my 20s are gone.  Leaving me with 18s...yikes.  I fit into some but only if they're really stretchy, blah.

I refuse to shop right now and my wallet is thanking me. I will not buy new clothes in a bigger size...I just can't.  So my only choices are to keep wearing what I'm wearing and lose some weight so that I can fit into clothes by the time it's too warm for tights. Eeeeeep!!

I can do this.  Fashion is always a great motivator!

7 comments:

  1. Refocus! Sounds like life isn't at the same pace anymore, so you need to get used to the new pace and see what works for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally need to refocus and get used to this new schedule. I can do this I just need to get in the groove!!

      Delete
  2. I am experiencing the same thing Julie. May I suggest that we motivate each other to lose the weight.

    I'm up for any challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! let's motivate each other!!! :) WE CAN DO IT!

      Delete
    2. Great! If you are on MyfitnessPal or use a Fitbit just email me details. ameryati@gmail.com

      Cheers.

      Delete
  3. I did the same (tossing/donating/sharing my old clothes) then ended up having to by new ones :(. Then when the new ones stopped fitting...well, again, like you, I refused to give myself anymore excuses.

    It just stinks because lately (the past few months), I've really been feeling like I have none of the fashion-related spunk and pizzazz that I had in college. What do you do to get out of the fashion-related funks?

    PS - I've been thinking it could be pretty darn fun to do a blogger group for a health/fitness/weight loss challenge/check-in. It'd be a pretty fun way to stay motivated and get some support during tough weeks, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! So glad I'm not the only one dealing with this!! When I'm in a fashion slump I look at Pinterest or other fashion related sites/blogs for inspiration! Then I just always go to Old Navy to see what they have out!

      That blogger group sounds fun! Keep me updated! :)

      Delete