Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Getting Obsessed...Like...OBSESSED!

YES!! This is exactly what I want!! I have been waiting MONTHS for the obsession to return.  You know...the obsession where all you want to do is workout, eat healthy and see results.  You don't care if you miss out on plans with friends, you don't care if you go to bed hungry, you don't care if you have to chug water for 10 minutes to get your daily amount in.  You just throw yourself into the obsession completely.


And that is what I've done.

YES!!


These past few days have been incredible!  I weighed in this morning and have lost 2lbs and am at 267.6lbs. Yes, still higher than I was before I got injured (I know you are so sick of hearing me say that)...BUT I am almost there!  I am about 5lbs away from some of my lowest weigh ins.  I CAN DO THIS!  Wait...I AM doing this!

So at the end of the last post I left off on Friday.  That day I didn't work out but I did go to sleep nice and early to prepare for my personal training session Saturday morning.  It was a beautiful day and I met my trainer at a park.  I was super pumped for this session and promised myself it would be better than the first one!  AND IT WAS! :)

Woke up "early" and was feeling great!
I ate my protein and was ready for training!
When I first got to the park we walked a lap around...probably about a mile.  After that she made me walk up and down stairs with 8lb weights in each hand. Then it was on to resistance bands, squats, lunges, lifting weights and other torturous things.  It was amazing tho...especially since I was doing it outside.  Working out outside is just so much better!  It makes you in a better mood and you can just breathe better I feel like!  You know?  So anyways...after my training session I met up with a friend for a little walk.  We didn't walk too much but it was something! :)

An extra 2.3 miles on top of my training session.
Not too bad!
Of course since it was Saturday (ugh) I had plans that night and I did indulge in some not too great food.  Also drank a bit...but it was Saturday night.  Once in awhile won't hurt me and it certainly didn't put me off track! I did miss my 9:45am zumba class on Sunday lol but I made myself go to the gym that night!  I felt lazy and I really wanted to get a workout in on Sunday.  Esp since I missed a really awesome zumba session that morning!  I went to the gym and ran C25K week 2.  I have been through the program already but since I haven't ran in foreverrrrr I decided to start again with week 2.  It wasn't too challenging so next time I may skip to week 3 or week 4.  I did that for 30 mins and then I walked on an incline for another 30 mins.  It was a great sweat session.  Just want I needed! :)

Sunday night sweat sesh.
Monday night was supposed to be my rest day since my trainer wanted me to take one of her classes on Tuesday.  It is important for me to take rest days because of my back, however, monday night zumba usually sucks.  It's so slow and the instructor is terrible.  My friends and I usually go just to go because it's still calories burned.  But we know better than to expect a killer workout.  And as usual...we were right this time too.  I think in an hour we only burned like 330 calories?  I was sweating alot so I guess that's good!  I came home and made a yummy clean meal!

Monday zumba and my chicken and avo clean meal! YUM!
I was feeling great on Tuesday and I was pumped to try this new class.  It is called body pulse and abs.  Sounds killer and I was a little nervous but excited to try something new.  Trish, my trainer, said it would be challenging for me but she wanted me to try it.  Esp since all I do during the week is cardio workouts, she really wanted me to try some strength training classes.  Sooooo I went.  Annnnnnd I tried it.  WOW.  What an intense workout.  I was drippppping sweat the whole time.  To the point of me standing there and it dripping down my face onto the floor.  So gross but so awesome. Basically the class was weights and cardio.  Warm up was 40 jumping jacks, 40 squats, 5 sets alternating.  Even after that I was hurtin. Haha!! Then we did things like lunges on the stepper and cardio exercises with the stepper.  Weight lifting, planks, burpees, sprints, situps, pushups and all that stuff I can barely do.  I mean...I held my own but I def couldn't do about 1/3 of the class.  A burpee?? Maybe like 1 or 2! Not 20 fast as hell. Ha! Maybe one day!  I will def go back next week, I felt awesome afterwards.

Me dying.
518 calories and I couldn't even do 1/3 of the class!
Pretty BAD ASS!
I have been working really hard this week and I was super excited with my results on the scale this morning! Hard work pays off and I have been eating well too!  Finally it is showing! YES!  Tonight I have a doctors appointment and have to miss my favorite zumba :(  I'm sad!  I will take today as a rest day and get back in the gym tomorrow night!  I have goals I need to accomplish! :)

12 comments:

  1. ugh burpees are the worst, I find myself doing them in extra slow motion or my body will collapse onto the floor..... kudos for upping the workouts. One day I will (hopefully) find that same love in sweating ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha burpees are so hard! Finding love for sweat is hard...butttttt we shall try!! :)

      Delete
  2. Okay so I am sure you can predict what I am going to say.... HELL YES!!! I know a thing or two about obsession for sure. There is nothing more powerful or amazing then getting in the grove and feeling unstopable. It kind of snowballs in a good way from there, you are so into it that you crave more and more results. It just feels right. You are inspiring the hell out of me right now. I love that feeling so much and its been missing from me for a while so I am living vicariously thru you right now.

    You can just tell from your post that you are happy and that is the most important thing! I am so happy for you. You have so got this and I am super impressed by your awesome workouts... that is a lot of hard work but totally worth it. Today you are my complete inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are my favorite person in the world!! <3

      Delete
  3. that's soo awesome! just found your blog and love it!! I too am starting to feel like the obsession has returned to me. I have even been getting up before work to work out and sometimes again in afternoon! It's a great feeling. That class sounds great! I have been thinking about joining a gym with classes, the one I go to now is just an big room with equipment pretty much. But it's open 24 hours so that's why I go, Anyways....keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :) Obsessions can be bad but workout obsession is a GREAT one to have hahaha!! And good for you for going BEFORE work!! Yikes...props to you! I loooove the classes at the gym. They make working out fun! Good luck with your obsession!!!

      Delete
  4. Proud of you sidder! Keep up the good work! Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your are doing fabulous!!! Totally inspiring! I need to step up my exercise damn it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!!! :) You can step it up!!!! You got this!

      Delete
  6. Way to go, Julie! I love reading your posts and glad you hear you really back into it and KILLING it! Proud of you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Julie :D It's the best feeling in the world when you are in the zone, isn't it? Good Luck Honey, keep going, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...i wanto losse my weight also..huhuhu
    coz...i've tried anything to make my body thin....

    http://memomo-bona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete