Thursday, May 16, 2013

Rough Start, Strong Finish

If you remember from my last post I talked about how my foot was hurting for the past few weeks.  It was getting pretty awful and I even had to ace bandage it up on Monday.  I decided to make a doctors appointment to see what was going on.  Thankfully I was able to get an appointment that day and even got xrays done.  The podiatrist was concerned thinking I may have a stress fracture.  You know...that annoying thing that happens when you turn your activity level up from 0-60 in 3 seconds.  You get the point. Anyways...he told me that I needed to rest it until he was able to review the xrays.  You know me by now so this news was a little....heartbreaking.  I just went through this about a year ago with my back and back surgery...I did NOT want this to be happening again. I wanted to hit the gym that night but I listened to the doc because he made me promise to take a rest day.

The next day the doctor called and thankfully....I did not have a stress fracture!!!! YAY!  I was so excited!  Apparently it may be just a strain ligament in my foot.  I'm ok with that!  So needless to say I was back in the gym on Tuesday!

Tuesday Night Body Pulse and Abs...
Yikes that's a hard class!
Tuesday nights are now my body pulse and abs class nights!  My trainer teaches it and it is so challenging for me! But I LOVE the challenge. We did wall sits, lunges, suicides and step ups.  I sometimes get a little embarrassed because there are a few a lot of things I still can't do.  I can't do burpees yet...I mean maybe I can do one haha but not 30.  I get frustrated because I know my mind is in it but my body doesn't work with me.  It's a little embarrassing to not be able to do things.  Hopefully returning to this class every week will change that!! I burned 500 calories in an hour without even being able to do all the exercises!  Imagine what it will be when I can do the whole class!  I'm excited for that day!

As everyone knows...Wednesday's are my FAVORITE workout days!  Zumba Wednesday with my favorite instructor!!!! Yay!

Zumba Wednesday and my fav clean meal!
I just looooove zumba Wednesdays!  Trish is the instructor and she has so much fun doing it that it makes us all have fun too!! It's like a workout just by having fun.  I love it!  Although the dancing did bother my foot a little but I was still able to do the class and get an awesome workout in! Love it!

I am a little nervous to weigh in tomorrow.  I have been working my butt off these past 3 weeks and I really want to see the scale move a bit.  Today I was curious and stepped on the scale just to see and I was really sad with what I saw.  It was like 3lbs MORE than it was yesterday!  Now I know I know...weight fluctuates everyday and you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday. I know that, and I really only use one day as an official weigh in day...usually Fridays. So I am hoping today was just a fluke and I step on that scale tomorrow morning and see great results. Because honestly...I haven't even eaten anything that would make me gain weight like that! I have been staying on plan and doing awesome. I am going to go to the gym tonight and get an amazing workout in and eat a clean dinner.  I just want this so bad...so so bad!  I had a rough start to the week but I am anxious and determined to have a strong finish!


.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Who remembers this post from the other day?  You know, the one with the "mean" girl?

Well...I decided to stand up for myself.  For once.

As always she came over to my work area like everything was normal, I was acting different to her so she instantly just got mad at me saying I was in a bad mood.  Yeah ok.  So then this happened.



Um what?
What just happened there? Was there a role reversal? Am I now the bad guy for sticking up for myself and telling her what bothered me?  I hate bringing up petty things in my blog that are not entirely weightloss related, but I figured since I finally am standing up for myself that it was ok to write a little blurb about it. I know that my weightloss has given me more confidence and has made me realize how I deserve to be treated.  I think that some people who have low self esteem may think that they don't deserve to be treated well...but that is WRONG.  I surround myself with amazing friends and amazing people so when something like this happens, I just don't deal with it.  I cut it out of my life.  So see ya...never.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy it's not a stress fracture! Way to work it out!

    As for Ms. Meanie, you handled it well. She's intimidated now...she can't even carry on the conversation when the pressure's applied. I always say to people that in order to be great, surround yourself with great people. Trust me, they will take you up with them.

    Hope you're having a stellar week hun.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTF! She is nuts. good for you for going to the gym! I can't afford a personal trainer at the gym so I am going to give online personal training a shot. I start today! You are an inspiration and are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your new trainer! :) Mine isn't from the gym...no way! The gym trainers are terrible! They are soooo expensive and they don't even pay attention to you when you workout! I didn't want that, I wanted someone who would be my "friend" and genuinely care about me succeeding. I approached my zumba instructor one day and asked if she did personal training! And she does! YAY! She is about $50 a session. Well worth it! I love her! :) GOOD LUCK!!! xoxoxoxoxox

      Delete
  3. Yeah, this girl is a little cray-cray. You know what they always say, haters gonna hate! ;) Congrats on sticking up for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you stood up to ms. meanypants. She got defensive because she didn't want to admit that what she said was mean, not helping you out. Good job standing up to her in a respectful way!

    And from somebody who has dealt with many injuries, like yourself, I don't have to remind you that sometimes you have to take it a little easy at times if you don't want to be layed up long term. ;) Remember rest and recovery is what builds your muscles! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for standing up for yourself. Even if she's pretending to be stupid, she def knows she was guilty! And I looooved the giant turd over her name!

    ReplyDelete